Accomplished C-level physician executive with extensive operational management experience in multi-site healthcare facilities and a successful track record of market sector development, investment experience totaling more than $2 Billion in aggregate asset value creation over ten years. Experienced in healthcare operations, strategy, marketing and management of venture stage e-commerce and consumer pharmaceutical research companies with successful sale to public and private companies. Dr Barcie is known as someone that gets the job done right by coworkers, colleagues and Board members. He has built a reputation of trust and integrity while improving cost of care; increasing employee and physician morale. The value he can add to an organization comes from his education, skills and experience, such as:
- 11 years of senior level operations executive in for-profit, not-for-profit and VC backed US hospital management. Extensive experience with operational efficiencies, physician loyalty programs, research, clinical services, academic affiliations, patient safety and insurance contracting. Successfully improved the CMS measures used to determine overall hospital rating by no less than 25%, while improving days cash on hand by average of 35%. Successfully mentoring and coaching future leaders within the organization.
- 10 years of M&A experience in healthcare industry structuring and executing a wide range of complex transactions such as acquisitions, spin-offs, joint-ventures, divestitures as well as leading the due diligence and post-merger integration activities creating opportunities for scalability and diversification. In the last five years, Dr. Barcie and his team grew the operations over 900% ahead of schedule and under budget; with a CAGR of 75% in NOI, up from 1%. Served as member of the Board of Directors of every acquired healthcare facilities, and Insurance Company.
- 4 years of pre-IPO entrepreneurial experience in ecommerce information technology for consumer health products, specialty OTC pharmaceuticals and clinical trials with successful exit sale to publicly listed and private companies.
However, Dr. Barcie’s greatest accomplishments is creating high functioning teams.
- Master of Business Administration, Healthcare Administration and Informatics, University of California, Irvine, The Paul Merage School of Business, Irvine, CA
- Corporate Finance: Cornell, SC Johnson College of Business, (six-month certificate program)
- Internal Medicine Clerkships, Montefiore Medical Center, the University Hospital for Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Yeshiva University, New York, NY
- Medical Doctor, UACJ School of Medicine and Biomedical Institute, Mexico
- Bachelor of Arts, Chemistry Major; Medical Technology Minor, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL
Dr. Barcie is originally from Santiago de Compostela Spain, he speaks three languages and has lived in Dallas Texas with his wife and son for the last decade.